A Professional Songwriting Camp
Pro Songworks is a professional songwriting camp hosted by the Songwriters Association of Canada that brings together some of the country’s most influential and up-and-coming talent for multiple intensive co-writing sessions. Typically held across Canada in hub cities on the West Coast, East Coast, Quebec, and Ontario, Pro Songworks can now accommodate an even wider demography of writers via an online platform.
Hosted by professional co-ordinators, these sessions offer participants the opportunity to collaborate with a different group of writers every day, turning out 3 pitch-ready tracks by the end of the camp. Pro Songworks helps songwriters expand their network and catalogue of work by facilitating a positive environment for professional relationships to bloom and collaborations to continue beyond the 3 camp days.
For songwriters who are starting out or on their way, S.A.C. is thrilled to announce that all members now have the opportunity to apply to participate in a 3-4 hour intensive songwriting mentorship program hosted by our Pro Songworks coordinators. To learn more about this program and find out when you can apply for the next one, you can submit your application online through the SongPitch portal (link here). A selection committee will determine which applicants will proceed to the final round of selection – supervised by our program coordinators.
In-person participation in this program will be limited to S.A.C. members in regional hub communities across Canada (much the same as the current program operates). Online participation is open to members across the country and not limited to any regions. Stay tuned for upcoming sessions and details on how to attend.
Successful past workshop cuts include
- “One Night” written by Andrew Allen, Mikhail Cronin, and Justin Toito released as a single by Via Barcelonia on Flying Colours Music, Inc. (Toronto SW)
- “Suspicious” written by Greg Johnston, Nick Fowler, and Jonathan Pike released by FWLR feat. BRDGS on Monstercat Records. (Moncton SW)
- “Stay” written by Arun Chaturvedi, Andrew Allen, Craig Smart released by Universal Germany artist Mario Novembre as the title track of his newly released album “Stay” (Vancouver SW), also recorded as a single by UK recording artist Ronan Parke (Britain’s Got Talent).
- “Lights On” written by David Spekter, Justin Toito (Toito), and Ryan Cranston recorded and released by Toito via HRM/Sony Canada (Moncton SW)
- “Nos Amours A La Croie” written by David Nathan, Desiree Fauteux, Guatier Marinof, recorded and released as a music video by Desiree Fauteux, to be released as a single on her first album (Quebec City SW)
- “Together We Are One” written by Jasmine Denham, Murray Daigle, and Bobby John released as the official song of the 2015 Pan Am Games (Toronto SW)
- “Shine As One” written by Karen Kosowski, Dennis Ellsworth, and Sophia D’aragon Krim released as the official ceremony song of the 2015 Pan Am Games (Toronto SW)
- “Can’t Make It Back Home” written by David Leask, Patrick Bouchard, and Lora Ryan released and performed as the feature song for the “Support Our Soldiers” fundraising concert at Glen Gould Studio/Band Of The Royal Regiment of Canada, finalist in the International Songwriting Competition in the “Social Causes” category, and has been added to the Apple Music Canada’s Country playlist (Montreal SW)
- “Be Anybody” written by Sam Drysdale, Terra Lightfoot, and Devon Lougheed released in trailer for “Raising Expectations” on the Family Channel (Toronto SW)