1. Respect in the Workplace
The Songwriters Association of Canada has joined forces with the Canadian Music Community to support the Canadian Creative Industries Code of Conduct. The S.A.C. acknowledges that there are a variety of important issues that need to be addressed to ensure a healthy culture, with zero tolerance to all forms of harassment. To read the full S.A.C. Anti-Harassment Policy, click here.
The Songwriters Association of Canada (herein “S.A.C. ”, “we”, “our” and “us”) is a songwriting and music networking service that allows users to create distinctive personal and business profiles online in order to discover, locate, collaborate, and communicate with other signed and unsigned music creators. These services are offered at songwriters.ca (“Website”). The S.A.C. is hosted in Canada.
- User submitted information: the S.A.C. collects User submitted information, such as name, age, hometown, bio, music genre, musical publishing information, favourite artists, favourite instruments, musical accomplishments, sound recordings (which are uploaded to a player), unpublished and published songs, photo images, photo details, calendars of events, information about songs and song titles, song lyrics, song details, song classification, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card information and other personally identifiable information.
- Anonymous information: the S.A.C. may also log anonymous information including IP address, profile information, aggregate User data, and browser type from users of the Website (all information identified in paragraphs (a) & (b) is collectively know as “Website Information”).
- We collect all information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. There are places on our Website where you can share your personal information with us.
How the Website Information is Used
When User-submitted information is posted on the profile page, the User has a choice to allow that information to be public or private. If a User chooses “private,” the User controls who views the information. If a User chooses “public,” the information is accessible by a search engine. The S.A.C. collects the Website Information, which it may share with third parties, including approved sponsors, to provide more useful and personalized services. The S.A.C. may use a User’s email address to send updates or news. The Website Information may be shared if it is legally required to do so, such as by a court order. Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena;
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- if the information is already publicly known.
The Website Information may also be used by The S.A.C. and/or individuals that The S.A.C. employs to manage the Website, track usage, and improve the Website. The S.A.C. does not sell, trade or rent User submitted information or User data lists to third parties for marketing purposes and does not give out this information to others.
On our Website, like most commercial websites, we may monitor traffic patterns, site usage and related site information in order to optimize our web service. We may provide aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any identifiable personal information.
No Disclosure of Information to Outside Parties
The S.A.C. does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. Also, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. The S.A.C. may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of The S.A.C. , our users, or others.
Third-Party Advertising & Cookies
Forums, Chat Rooms, Message Boards and Personal Pages
Whenever a User voluntarily posts information to public forums, chat rooms, message boards and/or personal pages, that information can be accessed by the public to send a User unsolicited communications. Any user posting information to a public forum does so at his/her own risk
The S.A.C. has implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access and/or use. We use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information. We do not give out your telephone number, information, or screen names, unless you authorize us to do so. And we give you the opportunity to correct your personal contact information at any time. We may use your information to make other marketing offers to you, unless you tell us not to. We offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. However, the S.A.C. cannot guarantee the security of Website Information. We take reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the steps taken to protect your information are:
- restricted file access to personal information;
- deploying technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access;
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Summary information is available on request. More detailed requests which require archive or other retrieval costs may be subject to a service charge. Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute.
We may deny access:
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable impact on other people’s privacy;
- to protect the rights and property of The S.A.C. ;
- where the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct information, we will explain why.
Changes in Policy
Updating or Changing Customer information
You may update or change information related to your account by accessing the “My Profile” section of the Web site with your e-mail account and password.
For other questions related to updating or changing your account information, please send e-mail to [email protected]
Site Policies, Modification, And Severability