The Songwriters Association of Canada presents:
The official launch workshop of James Linderman’s new songwriting
workbook, "Song Forms for Songwriters". This 2 hour workshop will host a
live webinar audience from across the country. James will introduce the
book with a brief explanation of how to use the books 100 templates to
produce hundreds of thousands of brilliant new songs. James will then
get a chance to hear songs from webinar audience members that have been
using the book or the free samples pages and discuss the benefit of
using a reliable song form to pour creative ideas into.
You can register for the event as a listener there to observe, or you
can register for the event and submit your song and get some feedback.
Please read all the instructions:
Song Submission Protocol
1. Contact Natalie at email@example.com for free sample pages of the book Song Forms for Songwriters if you do not already have a copy.
2. Read sample pages to get a basic working knowledge of how to write a song to a pre-existing template
3. Write a complete song with a melody (played or sung with or without
lyrics) using a chord progression built from Template #1.
4. Submit to the SAC as an mp3 with the chord progression written out or typed in a document (pdf, text edit, word, etc.)
5. Songs will be pre-selected by the moderator to be used as examples of this writing process.
6. Due to time restrictions, not all songs submitted will be used in this presentation.
If you have any questions about James' book, please contact him directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org